Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving in May

May has been a busy month for us - hence the lack of posts. We've finally found an apartment in Fort Lauderdale and have now moved in. Yay! - Our very own place!

We're in a very swanky apartment building called the 'Symphony'. Comes complete with valet parking (for visitors), pool, spa, movie theatre, shop, business centre and day spa!

We have fantastic views of the river, it's boat traffice and we're very close to Las Olas Blvd and the Riverfront.

Dean and I spent last weekend shopping for the basics - a bed and a sofa. So nice to be able to have new furniture. I'm also happy to announce I'm no longer an Ikea virgin! We spent a few hours in their huge warehouse store buying a coffee table and TV console, we then spent a further 2 hours putting the damn things together! (I missed my electric scewdriver

Dean's commute is about an hour (return) which isn't too bad. However as we're a one car family it means that I have to use public transport or feet to get around town. I've discovered there's a water taxi service so I'm looking forward to checking that out.

Because we're closer to Miami we're able to get to more concerts and acts - we're off to see Eddie Izzard next week (one of my all time fave comedians - http://www.eddieizzard.com/home.izz) and I'm hoping to get to Madonna's 'Sticky and Sweet' concert in November.....


No comments: