Monday, January 28, 2008

First Impressions

Well here I am at last, in the States with Dean!

After a delayed start - (thanks NZ Couriers for losing my medical report for my US Visa!) I finally arrived - complete with a work visa that was issued at Immigration.

Spent the week chilling out, hanging out by the pool, sorting out wardrobe space, and generally trying to 'girliefy' the bachelor apartment that Dean and I share with his Boss. (It's not that bad - the Boss is only here for three nites a week!)

I LOVE Walmart, Target, Whole Foods Market and Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Krispy Kremes (and that's before I even find the Malls!)

Have yet to discover the joys of driving. Dean currently is renting a huge armchair on wheels (A buick something) which is massive so I'm not that keen on negotiating traffic in it!
Hopefully this weekend we will sort out a car - Dean is keen on going green and getting a Prius. Of course, I would love a convertible but the have to admit that the price of petrol is a good incentive to chosing a hybrid. (God, I hate it when I'm sensible - thankfully that doesnt happen that often!)

Americans are an interesting mix....If I believed the ads on TV, most Americans are either constipated or have the runs, are trying to lose weight, have high cholesterol, high blood pressure and restless leg syndrome (Whatever the hell that is!)
They also have back-to-back episodes of America's Next Top Model on one channel and LOST starts agains on Thursday (yay!!)

Coming up next - the Jamaican Jazz and Blues Festival in Montego Bay!


3 comments:

Suz said...

Hey chick - great to hear it is all going so well! My all time favourite while I was US based were the Peanut Buster Parfait - please have one for me and let me know how good it was!!! Just for your viewing pleasure...
http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/eats-and-treats/menu/treats/peanut-buster-parfait/
All good here at Loyalty - first day back and its full on! Plus a beaut day in Wgtn - should be down at St Johns bar with a cheeky chardy!
Talk soon,
Suz.

Mishon8 said...

Congrats on making it - good to hear you're settling in. Tough hanging by the pool but someone has to do it!
T

Madge said...

What a great idea! Your own blog... as far as 'restless leg syndrome' is concerned, my mum calls it St Vitus Dance, and I've 'suffered' from it all my life... only in America is it a 'syndrome'. Must mean there is a 'cure'. I bet it's a pill :)
have fun. I've added your blog to my favourites page :)