As my days are free from work at the moment, I'm enjoying taking myself off to the movies for a couple of hours. I'll keep updating this posting with my comments - Feel free to add yours! Here's a run-down of the movies I've seen to date :
* 21 - Based on a true story of MIT students ripping off Vegas casino's. Kevin Spacey never fails to turn out a great performance. Very watchable.
* Enchanted - Ok, so this was on the plane on the way to LA, but it did star McDreamy so what's a girl to do but watch it! Cute Disney-esque, sugar coated lght entertainment. Cute!
* Jumper - future 'suspense/thriller'. OK - got a bit motion sick watching this one - will be interesting to see the sequel...If I can be bothered
* Semi-Pro - another non-funny Will Ferrell 'comedy'. Woody Harrelson was the only saving grace for this sorry excuse for a movie
*Smart People - Featuring SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker - the working girl's goddess), Ellen Page (The chick out of Juno) and Denis Quaid (ex hunk). Witty, caustic dialogue an interesting film that kept my attention.
* The Other Boleyn Girl - A good take on the book by Philippa Gregory if you can get past Scarlett J's impossibly huge lips. Annoying film direction in some parts though & shot very dark.
* Vantage Point - A very annoyingly-shot movie. After seeing the same scene 5 times I kinda gave up trying to follow the story! Featured 'Jack' from Lost (one of my fave TV shows) as one of the 'bad guys'. Hmmm.....
* Baby Mamma - Great comedy from Tina Fey and Amy Pohlen (they're famous comedians from Saturday Night Live) I recommend this as a great chick flick!
*Harold and Kumar - Escape from Guantanamo Bay - Dean and I went to see this on a Saturday afternoon...after a few beers and margueritas. Suggest you do the same before you watch it!
*Indianna Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Predictable, poor effects and way too long. Ok, so Harrison does a good job of being the elder, but the new kid (Shayla laBouef) is just not up to par.
*Ironman- Robert Downey Jnr totally kicks ass in this movie as the (cute!!) reluctant hero. Special effects are believable (even Dean was impressed!!) and the storyline is real and gripping. A must-see movie!!
* Juno - TOTALLY deserving of the Oscar award this year! Great story and performances. Get to see it if you havent already
*Made of Honour - I'm not a big 'Mcdreamy' fan and this movie reminded me why. A total chick flick and great for a rainy day.
* No Country for Old Men - TOTALLY deserving the Academy Award!! Fantastic story - violent, surprising and extremely well acted. Leaves you wanting more!
*SEX and the City - What can I say?? THE Most perfect chick flick of all time - and an R rated one at that! Met and exceeded all expectations - I want more!!
*What Happens in Vegas - Cameron D and Ashton Kutcher - why wouldn't this movie be fab? Something for me to watch, and something for Dean to watch... A fun, honest and appealing comedy with more than its share of 'oh no he didn't!' moments!
*Bucket List - Nicholson and Freeman join forces to deliver an emotional and yet entertaining story about two old buggers who face death together. Bring a tissue.
*Cloverfield - A classic si-fi horror flick that holds your attention even if it is filmed on a very tight budget. I jumped a few times and thought the effects were, well...effective!
* Get Smart - Having been brought up watching this with the rest of the family, I was pleasantly surprised to see the new version stayed true to the original. Agent 99 was smoking hot and Maxwell was appropriately bumbling and endearing.