Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vegas Baby

Yep - they even have one of these over here! And a l'arc de triomphe....just so wrong, yet it seems to work......
Vegas is a weird town. We drove from LA to Vegas across the flat moonscape desert dotted with Joshua trees, and then, out of the middle of no-where, BAM! You're in Vegas, Baby! She looks haggard and well worn in the harsh light of day. Even the people look dumpy and depressed. But, when the lights come on, Vegas turns out in all her glory ('Cept the people still look dumpy and depressed)
I played 'Corporate Wives' with some of the other women whose men who were attending NAB - the big exhibition/conference that Dean was attending. We had a blast lunching in grand hotels, drinking mojitos & shopping -the outlet malls in Vegas are fab!

Dean and I caught David Spade's show at the MGM Grand - he was good but not great - I still prefer the English comedians to the Americans. Danny Bhoy is my fave of all times and Yeah, I know he's not English he's Scottish!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38amF_uKJM

Three days in this adult disneyland are enough for me - specially as I don't like to gamble. My luck is non-existant and I can't even win at the slots. Probably just as well as I'm not earning any money yet!

Pictured - My friend, the Lovely and Charming Alexis in the Conservatory of the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you didn't even try after all those lessons we got at the Sky Tower for Black jack! Paula x