Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter in the States

Easter here is celebrated with egg wreaths on the doors, plastic inflatibile bunnies in gardens, easter baskets, egg hunts and of course, chocolate. HOWEVER, the States don't have Good Friday or Easter Monday as holidays - how mean is that?!
(It also happens to be Spring Break which means drunk babes on the beach in string bikinis -too bad the weather has been crap all week!)

I decided to celebrate Easter in LA with my lovely friends Michelle (from Napier) and Sue Doris (now living in Honkers).
We all stayed with EJ (Hottie and former flatmate) in his gorgeous home in Laguna. A total riot and loads of fun. Michelle was on a mission as the shopping here is soooo much better than NZ for variety and prices. I never thought I'd say this, but if I never see another shopping mall it will be too soon (God - I think the heat is getting to me!)
EJ and Morris da Dawg! We all celebrated Sue Doris's birthday by taking a trip to Santa Barbara for the weekend. Gorgeous wee town with lots of Californian style bungalows, great beaches, bars, restaurants and wineries - my favorite kind of place.
Highlight of the trip was all 4 of us cramming into a bicycle rickshaw and going up State Street in search of a good bar that wasn't packed out with students. The Blue Agave tequila bar was just the spot!
Great friends, great times - this is what life is all about!


No comments: